Trofeo Princesa Sofia, World Series 1, delivered up to 1000 points in SSL Rankings. Starting from Olympic Champion Ruggero Tita. Ranked 6th (+3), the Italian Nacra17’s helmsman enters SSL Top 10 Global Ranking for the first time, thanks to his staggering victory in Palma.
49erFX winner Dutch Odile Van Aanholt jumps 15 places in the SSL Global Ranking to reach 23rd place. Her crewmate, Annette Duetz, also benefits from their victory at the World Cup Series 1, earning +4 to reach n°12 place in SSL Crew Global Ranking.
Canadian Sarah Douglas, the ILCA6 indisputable winner in Palma, climbs up +35 places, just one step from the top 50 at 51st position.
In SSL National Rankings, Erwan Fischer is now SSL France n°15 (+29) after winning the 49er series. Same dynamic for his crewmate Clement Pequin who is now SSL France Crew n°19 (+21). In SSL GBR Ranking, ILCA6′ n°2 at Trofeo, Hannah Snellgrove enters the Top 20 at the 19th spot (+7). Also second at 470’s, Giacomo Ferrari is now SSL Italy n°5 (+2).
Next, SSL 1000 event will take place in the USA with The Congressional Cup (April 18-23), World Match-Racing Tour’s first event. Olympic series are back at Semaine Olmympic de Hyères in France (April 23-30).
DID YOU KNOW?
Trofeo Princesa Sofia is an SSL 1000-point event that counts for SSL Ranking.
- Competitions are classified into eight categories.
- Each category is granted a number of points to be awarded to the athletes, from 10 to 4000 points – 1000 points at Trofeo Princesa Sofia.
- SSL points are awarded to account for 100% for the first year, 50% for the second year, and 0% for the third year
- The athletes’ six best results are taken into account according to the system mentioned above (and all local regattas)
- All athletes who complete a round of a regatta included in the Ranking obtain at least one point.